Do you ever have one of those days (or weeks) where it just seems that nothing is going well?
Perhaps you're constantly running late, the kids are misbehaving and it is really getting to you (you think there are underlying issues but you can't quite put your finger on it, & if anyone else told you what they thought, you'd probably dismiss it anyway just because of your mood), someone's sick, stupidly you say to your 8 month old baby "Stop it!" in a stern voice because he won't take his dummy in preparation for a nap when he is clearly tired & you immediately feel guilty about it, you're tired from staying up too late & getting up several times through the night, there's something else there too but you just aren't sure what it is.
This is my day today!
I feel like I need to blurt it all out to a friend but at the same time I feel like all I have been doing is whingeing and whineing to my friends in dribs and drabs and feel I haven't had anything nice to say. Well, the negative seems to be outweighing the positive anyway.
It's kind of one of those days where a good cry might help but I need a trigger.
So, in an attempt to try & lift my own mood (& perhaps yours too if you need it) here is a short list of things I am grateful for:
- I have a hard working husband who provides all of the needs, and some of the wants, for our family
- Generally speaking, my children are fit and healthy
- My knowledge & understanding of the bible and all that entails is growing
- The time that people are willing to spend with me to learn, grow with and understand our Lord and saviour
- My decision to set up a small table in the loungeroom and move my sewing machine, felt and templates out here so that I can do some creating and still be able to keep an eye on the kids (and also grateful that Mr C didn't chuck a big wobbly & insist I get rid of it. Lol)
- Without going into details I am also grateful for Paul Grimmond (author), Pam, Bec, Danny and the Monday night guys (this is just today, other people feature on my list at times too). They are all AWESOME people in my life and the lives of my family :D
Hmmm, funny how when you focus on what you are grateful for the other stuff doesn't seem so important. Don't even feel like that cry anymore. (Think I'll start a daily written list of what I'm grateful for. Have you ever done that?)
Have a great afternoon!!!
Bye for now, K