Tuesday 3 April 2012

School Holiday Sanity

With the Easter Holidays just around the corner for us (and for some they have already begun) I thought I'd share a couple of blog posts with you.  Perhaps they'll make your School holiday time easier, or at least a little less...pressured, for want of a better word.  The pressure off course comes entirely from ourselves!  I'm not generally one of those Mum's that prepares for School holidays by stocking the fridge with bottles of wine.  I wouldn't even say I'm one of those Mum's that LOVES school holidays and having the kids home with me 24/7, but I guess I'm a happy "inbetweener".  If I feel organised and prepared I breeze through.  If not, well, let's just say I often find myself ducking for cover FROM myself. Not a good thing for any of us.

This holidays I have oodles of craft things in the pipeline.  Heaps of Easter craft things (which I really should have started weeks ago, but I'm sure the kids won't mind dragging it out), some general craft & even some Autumn craft things to work on.  Even as I type this the kids are working on decorating some paper easter eggs with buttons, ribbon, Easter stamps, stamp markers, coloured paper, glittery pom poms, coloured pencils and hopefully a little imagination of their own (I am resisting the strong urge to "show" them how to do it).

Even with all the ideas I have already, I came across this book at Woolworths while shopping for a few Easter eggs today, and couldn't leave it sitting on the shelf. It has some cute ideas for treats that would be more appropriate for Spring, so I can look forward to that too. 


So, those posts I wanted to share...

This post MAY help you stay Clean & Organised...  I have only been "trying" to stick to the 4 daily tasks (and anyone who has visited my house will know how much trouble I have with clutter). I was already MOSTLY sweeping the floors on a daily basis anyway, but sometimes you just need to hear it, or in this case, read it, to actually have that "Oh yeah" moment of realisation.

This post is the first in a series of five this week from Naomi at Seven Cherubs.  It deals with improving self esteem as a mother.  Even without the school holidays to deal with this would be a GREAT series for ANY Mum to read. (There is also a vlog on her site where she talks about her own disagnosis of PND.  I have her permission to share it with you but I'll do that some other time.  Feel free to go and find it now though if you feel yourself being lead in that direction.)

Well, they've finished their eggs now, so I'd better go & clean up some mess! Lol.


Bye for now, K
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment