Friday 27 January 2012

Coconut Ice

Here we are on Friday with this weeks Food Find.

Yes I know, I know...  Who could believe I haven't made Coconut Ice before.

Sooo RIDICULOUSLY simple, yet I'd never done it.

I used a recipe from here


INGREDIENTS

5¼ cups (840g) icing sugar
2½ cups (200g) desiccated coconut
395g can sweetened
condensed milk
1 egg white, beaten lightly
pink food colouring
METHOD
Line deep 19cm-square cake pan with strips of baking paper.

Sift icing sugar into large bowl (but I didn't); stir in coconut, then condensed milk and egg white.

Divide mixture in half; tint half with pink colouring. Press pink mixture into pan then top with white mixture. Cover; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set before cutting into squares. (Again I didn't... I just put the white in the bottom first, then added the food colouring to what was in the bowl & put it on top of the white)

Makes 64


Master H didn't like it, but the other two did.  He doesn't like coconut & although he didn't see me make it I guess he just knew.
 
Bye for now, K

No comments:

Post a Comment