Wednesday 25 January 2012

Moist Orange Cake

I'm thinking of posting my Food Finds on Fridays but I've got two this week so I'm doing one today too.  The recipe for Moist Orange Cake came from a book published from contributions to a primary school fundraiser. 


INGREDIENTS

CAKE
155g butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups SR flour
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk

ORANGE ICING
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice, approx.


METHOD
Grease a 20cm round cake pan and line base with baking paper.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl, beat on low with electric mixer until all ingredients are combined.  Beat for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and changed in colour.  Spread into prepared pan. Bake in moderate oven for about 45 minutes.  Stand for 2 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.  spread with icing when cool.
ORANGE ICING - Sift icing sugar into small bowl, stir in butter and enough juice to mix to a spreadable consistency.  Sprinkle with coconut.


I was expecting a moister cake.  There was no coconut on the top of mine because Master H doesn't like it.  I didn't put the orange rind in because the rind on my oranges wasn't nice at all, so I put juice in the cake as well as the icing but neither had an overly orangey flavour.  I will probably make this again though because we all ate it regardless of the lack of orange flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment