Friday 3 February 2012

Easy Apple Muffins


This week the older boys went back to school on Monday.  I decided to make something for them for when they got home from school that I could freeze for their lunch boxes for next week too.
This post from The Organised Housewife has HEAPS of ideas that have been contributed by her followers.  I decided on this one for Apple Muffins (& may just make those Cheese & Herb Muffins when I’m done here, AFTER a little exercise perhaps. lol.)   Of course I bookmarked The Organised Housewife’s page so I can come back to it easily.

APPLE MUFFINS

Ingredients
  • 2 cups SR flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4tbsp sugar (I used raw sugar)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup melted butter/margarine
  • 1/2 cup grated apple/fruit (I used a can of apple and chopped it up).
Tinned apple chopped
All mixed up








Method
·         Sift flour, salt, sugar & cinnamon together
·         Add milk & beaten egg
·         Mix lightly
·         Stir in melted butter/margarine and fruit
·         Mix just long enough to combine ingredients
·         Pour into greased muffin tray filling them 2/3rds full (I used mini muffin trays & filled to top)
·         Bake in hot oven (180deg) for 20-25 minutes (but it was quicker using mini muffin trays)

This recipe made 42 mini muffins so I have frozen several muffins in small freezer bags to stretch them out over a few weeks (minus the ones Miss Pants & I scoffed down before the boys got home to devour their share for the day).

They were LOVELY too.

No comments:

Post a Comment