Wednesday 22 February 2012

WIP: Wednesday a week on (oops)

I had a shocking week last week & it's taken this week to get over it. I am hoping that things will start to calm down for me now though...

During the past fortnight some things have suffered from lack of attention (the blog & I included I'm afraid), but I  have made SOME progress.

I got the socks done for Master H.  It's just an easy way for me to tell whose are whose.  I'm sure some people probably don't bother (and at times my boys don't either) but it makes it easy to tell which one of them has been flinging them about their bedroom and missing the wash. ha ha ha





I've also been working on a few cushions.  Here's a glimpse of two of the many I have to make.  The horse is for a Gypsy themed cushion so I'm hoping it resembles a Gypsy trailer or wagon.  The other is also something I've never worked on before.  I know... Owls have been around for ages and I know they are probably past their prime as far as fads go but what can ya do?!  I also donated some goods to a Charity Auction on facebook for Epilepsy so one of the cushions is for the winning bidder on a cushion of mine.  There are several others to be made and I have ideas for some of them and I'm hoping to have enough time to get to them in the next few weeks.  I'll keep you posted.



Hmmmm, what else has there been?  Oh yes, this very simple wrapping paper with matching card for Valentines Day.  I can't remember now where I saw the idea but it just used a squished up toilet roll to make the heart shape.





Oh & then there was the Pillowcase Challenge that I'd been talking about...

...In support of the Canberra Centre for Newborn Care's NICUCAM service, Bec from Little Toot Creations decided to hold a crafty inspired Auction on her facebook page.  All you had to do was create something from a pillowcase.  It could have been a spare one laying around your house or an old one from an op shop or even a "proper" vintage style one you scored somewhere.  All the donated items were auctioned on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 February, 2012 on the Little Toot Creations facebook page.  Here is a link to the album that all the entries were in.  (Assuming the album doesn't change, you might get some ideas for something crafty yourself.) 

I made this...
I sent Bec three photos (because I'm not that "with it" when it comes to photo editing, in case ya hadn't noticed. Lol). She transferred them into ONE.  I had never made a pencil roll before.  I used a tutorial I found on the You Go Girl! Blog.  It was SUPER easy.  I didn't have the Dove chocolates, but I'm sure if I had it would have been even easier :)  I made it from a spare pillowcase belonging to Miss Pants, some scrap pink, a couple of buttons & a hair elastic.  Oh & I cheated with the binding and used this tape stuff that I can never remember the name of.  (Feel free to let me know what it is.)


I'd really love to hear about what you've been working on (& it'd let me know I'm not the only one reading my ramblings. Or maybe I am.)


Bye for now, K



No comments:

Post a Comment