Thursday 5 April 2012

Mmmm Chocolate Crackle Nests...

I saw this recipe here, and decided I would give them a go.  I had a BAD experience the last time I made chocolate crackles (almost 20 years ago, Oh my, that makes me feel old), so I wasn't sure how they'd turn out.  The recipe said they'd make 10 large ones.  I'm assuming that large would be like those JUMBO sized muffins, because I made 28.

Anyway, I started with the standard Chocolate Crackle ingredients...

4 cups rice bubbles (I just used home brand Rice Pops)
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup dessicated coconut
5 tbspn cocoa powder
250g copha, melted






Mix all the ingredients together & spoon into patty pans.  Using the back of a spoon press the mixture down in the middle and along the sides, forming a nest.








I made mine in patty pans in muffin trays to form them, then removed some of them to see how they went.









They aren't TOO bad.  (I'm not real fussed on the speckled eggs though, but they look cute)






Bye for now, K











No comments:

Post a Comment