Friday 20 April 2012

White-Choc Easter Tarts

I made this Friday Food Find earlier in the week & took it to a friends place when the kids and I were invited out for lunch.  I had seen the recipe before Easter but hadn't quite found the time to make it, so I had all the ingredients already. (I had to check the date on the cream before starting, and it was still good.)

I found the recipe in a Coles catalogue.  You can find it and other yummy treats here.
Mmmmm... straight to the hips!!

INGREDIENTS
250g pkt of butternut snap cookies
375g pkt NESTLE White Melts (but I had to improvise)
1/3 cup (80ml) cream
20 solid chocolate Easter Eggs

METHOD
1.  Preheat oven to 180 degC/160 degC fan forced.2.  Combine White Melts and cream in a heatproof bowl; microwave uncovered on medium (50%) for 1 minute; stir.  Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted.  Stand for 15-20 minutes or until cooled and thickened slightly.
3.  Place cookies over 20 holes of two 12 hole shallow patty pans.  Bake for 3-4 minutes  or until soft.  Remove from oven; using a metal spoon, carefully press softened biscuits into pan to mould into a cup shape.  Allow to cool.

4.  Spoon white choc mixture into bisbuit cases; smooth top.  Top each tart with an Easter egg.  Refrigerate until set.
ready for the fridge
This was pretty easy.  The hardest part was moulding the biscuits to the pan.  I tried a teaspoon but that wasn't terribly succesful.  I found a soup spoon to be the most effective.  You need to move quickly at this stage and be careful not to burn your fingers.  I ended up putting one tray back in the oven because they cool very quickly and go hard again.

It actually made 21 little tarts and by 8 o'clock that night there were NONE left.

Bye for now, K

No comments:

Post a Comment