About a month ago I hosted a Chefs Toolbox party and we made the YUMMY Coffee Choc Friands from the website. I didn't get to take a picture of them so I changed the recipe slightly and made them again, to suit me, hoping to take pictures but I forgot, again. Sorry about that.
Anyway, here's what I did.
1 cup icing sugar
2/3 cup plain flour
1 cup almond meal
180g butter, melted and cooled
6 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee granules, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
100g white chocolate drops
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, almond meal, butter & egg whites. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
3. Pour dossolved coffee into mixture & mix well.
4. Fold the white choc drops through.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin (or Friand if you have it) tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the tray.
They were good but I have to admit the dark chocolate gave it that something extra (I am NOT a fan of dark choc), so perhaps next time I'll try milk chocolate instead of white.
Mr C said he could barely taste the coffee, I thought it was OK. It wasn't what we normally drink (& he has really strong coffee) so perhaps that made a difference. I'm not sure.
Perhaps next time I make them I'll remember the photos.
Bye for now, K