Friday 22 June 2012

Ham & Cheese Scrolls

This weeks Friday Food Find comes from Nicole (aka The Planning Queen) at Planning with Kids.  I've made vegemite & cheese scrolls & twists before but I'd never done this variety so technically they're new to me & qualify for my FFF.

I didn't actually go & use Nicole's blog so I'll just let you know what I used.

INGREDIENTS
3 sheets of puff pastry
approx 200g shaved ham, roughly chopped
a few handfuls of grated cheese

METHOD
Preheat oven to 200 deg C
Line a bikkie tray with baking paper
Sprinkle ham & grated cheese over the sheets of puff pastry making sure you leave a couple of centimetres at one edge bare.

Roll the pastry towards the bare edge forming a log.  This edge will help seal the scroll.


Cut the log into pieces 2-3 cm wide.
Place on baking tray & pop in the oven for about 15 minutes.
I wasn't sure whether they'd cook better on their side or flat.  I think they cook better flat but look nicer truned upside down after being cooked on their side.  What are your thoughts?


Bye for now, K



No comments:

Post a Comment