Friday 1 June 2012

EASY Muesli Bar Slice

This really is the EASIEST muesli bar recipe I've ever come across.  It was soo easy & sooo yummy that I haven't even taken a decent number of pictures to share so check out Retro Mummy's Blog, where I found this recipe for her clear pic's.

Now I wouldn't exactly call it a healthy muesli bar recipe but it is the best tasting one I've tried in a while.

INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup rice bubbles
1/2 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
good splosh of maple syrup or honey or golden syrup
and I added half a cupt sultanas too

METHOD
Preheat oven to 160 deg C and line a squre or rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
Pour into the tray and flatten out making sure it's fairly evenly spread.
Now the recipe I saw said to bake for 40 minutes until lightly brown but it only took 30 minutes in my oven & smelt delicious!!  (My oven's a bit strange. Slices & cakes take less time to cook, meat takes longer.)
Leave it in the pan to cool if you can.  We couldn't...


Bye for now, K



No comments:

Post a Comment