Wednesday 9 May 2012

REAL Christians, REAL Women, REAL Mums

I was sharing with a Mum from church recently, via email, that I've been quite tired with the return to school routine & too often quick with what comes out of my mouth & I'm not liking what I'm hearing. She shared this with me.

Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check...
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness ... no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. (James 3)

I felt some relief from this. Knowing that no one is perfect. But it is still something I can pray on. Finding wiser words to share, rather than those that roll off the tongue easily and inflict pain. But these words also made me think of those people I'd been to church with all those years ago.

Tomorrow I will go to my Women's Bible Study (unprepared unless I get my butt off here and do some reading), but it will inspire me to keep on keeping on.  It is nice to be involved with women in a church who have real issues and actually share them with you.  I realise that at this stage they aren't really sharing with me but with the other pre-existing members of the bible study group, but the fact they are still willing to share with me there means more to me than they could ever realise. 

As I said, I've never spoken to women from a church that have so openly shared problems I could relate to.  You know, issues with kids, real problems that real mothers have with real kids.  Finding time to spend with their husbands in a meaningful (non sexual) way, but with no "husband bashing" to be heard of.  Not like the families that pretend everything is just rosy, or those women that not only forget the importance of Ephesians 5:22-33, but those that blatantly ignore it.  I find my short amount of time on a Thursday morning with these women more beneficial than they could imagine. I really felt like reaching my arms around them all last week in a giant embrace and whispering thank you over and over again.

I'm looking forward to Saturday!.!.!.! Proverbs 31 Christian Womens Conference.

Bye for now, K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment