Saturday 31 March 2012

Easter Nests Take 1

Well this isn't my normal Friday Food Find style post.  To start with, it's Saturday.  Secondly, Friday was my birthday so I was busy with other things :)  I saw another post for Easter Nests that I'd like to try but for some reason I didn't bookmark it.  I'll try to find it but I'm not making any promises.

This IS something I've never made before. I saw it here. I mentioned these nests to a friend and showed her the original post and she said "Yeah, they're Spiders!  My Mum made them for every birthday party we ever had! Didn't your Mum ever make them?"  Ahhh, no...  NEVER.  Anyway, here we go.

Easter Chocolate Nests

INGREDIENTS
1 packet Chang's Oriental Fried Noodles
2 tbspn crunchy peanut butter
200 grams of chocolate
approx 18 small Easter eggs

METHOD
1.  Line small bowls with baking paper
2.  In a microwave safe bowl, break up chocolate, add peanut butter & melt on high for approx 60 seconds.
3.  Stir the chocolate mixture and if it is not melted, heat for a further 15 seconds or more as required depending on the wattage of your microwave.
4.  Add the noodles and mix well.
5.  Spoon the mixture into the bowls evenly.  The aim is to have the base thinner making sure the mixture goes up the walls of the bowls to form a nest.  (Easier said than done.  I had to help H with this bit.)
6.  Put them in the fridge for at least one hour to set. Peel off the baking paper and add the small Easter eggs.


You could put them in cellophane bags and give them as gifts or just have them as an after dinner treat with the family.

As a bonus, I got these LOVELY flowers from a friend the day before my birthday.  She didn't know my birthday was the following day but she did know that tulips are my all time favourite flower. The photo didn't turn out too good, but you get the idea.  Thank you Gorgeous Girl!!


This is the cake Miss Pants picked out for me when Mr Creator took her shopping to pick one.  Apparently, I like Barbie.  (Again, not good quality.  Perhaps I should think about a new camera.  I don't like borrowing Mr Creators big fancy pants DSLR because it's heavy & big.  Mine fits in my pocket.)


Since my birthday was also Family Games Night I picked the game.  I decided on junior Scrabble.  It got a bit late & a bit much for Miss Pants so she had to retire early.  Master H isn't a real fan of reading or practising his spelling words so he wasn't real enthused about playing but when he won he was pretty happy with himself :)
That's it for today,

Bye for now, K


No comments:

Post a Comment