Wednesday 28 March 2012

WIP: Corn Anyone?

Short & sweet this week.

We've finally "harvested" our corn.  WooHoo!!  And you know what? It is YUMMY!  We had to pick it all even though it didn't all look completely ready.  We had a little problem with aphids on the squash plant and when I ripped it out I think they found a new home on the outside of the corn husks.  A few ants were trying to enjoy our corn too.  We beat them too it though. Lol




Our other vegies didn't turn out so well though. Lol



I left the other carrots in the ground hoping that they might actually GROW. ha ha ha  The squash is quite large, but there was only one of them.  The rest got eaten by bugs still on the vine (because I kept forgetting to check on the them).  And only ONE cucumber :(

So, any ideas what we should plant next anyone??

Now, I'll just give you a sneek peak of my latest cushion creation too (still in progress).  I can show you the full cushion in a few weeks.




I have a HEAP of craft ideas to get into for Easter and the school holidays.  Fingers crossed I get at least HALF of what I have planned done.

I read something this week that I may share fully another time, but here is a little piece to think about
"...making the most of your time, because the days are evil.  So then do not be foolish but understand what the will of the Lord is."   Ephesians 5:16-17


Bye for now, K



No comments:

Post a Comment